Child benefit changes; if you or your partner earns over £50,000 a year, what should you do?
Households where one partner earns £50,000 or more will have to pay extra tax or give up child benefit.

From January 2013, if you or your partner earns over £50,000 a year and you live together, you aren't entitled to the full rate of child benefit. Instead some or all of the child benefit will be clawed back through a tax charge. Alternatively, you can opt not to receive child benefit. Once you earn £60,000 or more, the tax charge will be the same as the child benefit.

More »

Parents will be able to share leave from April 2015. How will it work?
From April 2015 parents will be able to share leave when their baby is born or when they adopt

If your baby is due on or after April 5th 2015 or if you adopt a child after that date, you'll be able to share the leave you take with your partner. The big change will be that parents will be able to split some of the parental leave between them and switch who takes it, rather than the mother taking the first block and the father taking the rest (which is the case at the moment).

More »

What is child benefit? How much do you get if you claim child benefit?
If yo'ure a parent, or you look after a child, you're able to claim child benefit. Make sure you know how much you can claim

If you have children or you look after a child, you can claim child benefit. The amount you get depends on how many children you have. It's not means-tested, but if you or your partner earns more than £50,000 a year, you or he/she will have to pay tax on it.

More »

1 2 3 4

The material provided on this website is general information that is intended for general guidance and is not suitable for professional advice.
You should always obtain independent financial advice.