Parents will be able to share leave from April 2015. How will it work?
From April 2015 parents will be able to share leave when their baby is born or when they adopt

If your baby is due on or after April 5th 2015 or if you adopt a child after that date, you'll be able to share the leave you take with your partner. The big change will be that parents will be able to split some of the parental leave between them and switch who takes it, rather than the mother taking the first block and the father taking the rest (which is the case at the moment).

More »

Parents find the rules on junior ISAs confusing
Junior ISAs are three years old, but half of parents find the rules confusing

I get lots of emails from parents who are confused about junior ISAs so we carried out some research to find out how widespread this confusion is. Junior ISAs are tax-efficient accounts for children where money is locked away until they are 18. Almost half of parents wrongly assume all children can have a junior ISA and many aren’t sure if there are any limits on what can be paid into one.

More »

Which junior cash ISAs pay the highest rate of interest?
If you want the best junior cash ISA for your child, which accounts are worth looking at?

Junior ISAs were launched in November 2011 - the government's replacement for the child trust fund, which was abolished in January the same year. They work in a similar way to 'adult' cash ISAs, which means that interest is paid tax free. However, unlike an adult cash ISA, you have to leave money in the junior ISA until your child is 18 (although they can transfer it between providers). Which pay the best rates?

More »

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

The material provided on this website is general information that is intended for general guidance and is not suitable for professional advice.
You should always obtain independent financial advice.