What are the best regular savings accounts?
If you want a better interest rate, you should consider regular savings accounts

If you want to get the best interest rates on your bank or building society savings, a regular savings account could be the answer. As you’d expect, the idea is that you have to save a regular amount every month. Some let you save as little as £10 a month and you may be able to save several hundred pounds a month. You can normally ‘miss’ one or two payments and still keep the high interest rate. The catch? Well, the only catch is that you are limited in how much you can save.

More »

Pensioner bonds are on sale - paying 4% interest over three years and 2.8% over one year
If you’re aged 65 or over, you’ll be able to save up to £10,000 in each bond. But some women will lose out

The 65+ bond or ‘pensioner bonds’ are on sale from National Savings & Investments and will stay on sale until May 15th. These fixed rate, fixed term savings accounts are available to anyone in the UK who’s aged 65 or over and pay interest at 2.8% over one year and 4% over three years. I've started a campaign because these bonds aren't available to women of state pension age, but under 65, which I think is wrong.

More »

Finding the best savings account: it should be easier
There's more than £160 billion in savings accounts paying less than 0.5%. Banks should make it easier to find the best account

It’s official: the savings market doesn’t work well for customers, especially if they are ‘loyal’ and longstanding customers. That’s the view of the financial regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). It’s been investigating the savings market and it’s found that £160 billion is in savings accounts earning 0.5% or less. What’s likely to change and how can you get the best deal?

More »

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The material provided on this website is general information that is intended for general guidance and is not suitable for professional advice.
You should always obtain independent financial advice.